I have completely forgotten where I got this recipe from. I tore it out of some magazine and have since lost the bit of paper. It will probably turn up during the Great Kitchen Purge. If it’s one of yours, please let me know so I can credit it properly!
Anyway, I love this recipe. It’s not the cheapest, but it is kind of quick and oh so yummy. It contains mushrooms, bacon, pasta and a creamy sauce. What more could you ask for from your food?
- 100g pancetta/lardons/diced bacon
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 6-7 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 250g pasta of your choice. I like penne.
- 1 tsp each sage, marjoram, thyme and dill (Dried)
- Heat a frying pan until very hot, then add pancetta or pancetta substitute. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet directions, adding the frozen peas for the last 3 minutes, then drain.
- Once the pancetta has started to brown, turn the heat to medium and add the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, add mascarpone and stir until melted. Add herbs.
- Add the drained pasta and peas to the pan and stir to combine.
This is best eaten as soon as prepared, but is OKish when reheated. Not suitable to freeze.