Allegedly, it’s summer here in London. It’s still raining quite a bit, but it’s starting to get hotter. This means it’s time for salads!
Today’s recipe is adapted from Speedy Lunches, a Best Food cookbook. I love it because it’s quick, cheap and tasty. It costs about £2 per serve and can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes.
For the salad:
• 100g baby spinach, washed
• 1 red capsicum, diced
• 200g corn kernels (frozen or canned)
• 20 or so pitted green olives
• 100g salami, sliced in strips
For the dressing:
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Black pepper
1. Heat a frying pan and dry fry the salami until crispy.
2. If using frozen corn, cover the kernels with freshly boiled water and leave for a couple of minutes. Drain.
3. Put lemon juice, oil and pepper in a jug or bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Place capsicum, corn and olives in a bowl and add the dressing. Toss lightly to combine.
5. Serve on a bed of spinach, topped with the crispy salami.